Full-Time Registered Nurse RN Labor and Delivery Night Shift Texas Health Ft Worth
Registered Nurse (RN) Labor and Delivery
Texas Health Ft Worth
Texas Health Hospital Southwest seeks to hire a Registered Nurse (RN) in Labor and Delivery (L&D) to work Full Time.
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76132
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr to Max. $50.82/hr – based on relevant experience
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Night Shift, 36 Hours Per week, 3 -12 Hour shifts from 6:45 PM – 7:15 AM, Weekday, Weekend and Holiday call required
Under the direction of the health care provider, the Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients.
The Labor & Delivery area consists of the following:
* 2017 Clinical Department of the year
* 14-bed LDR
* 2-OR suites
* With an average of 260 to 300 births per month.
* Texas 10-step designation
* Mother friendly designated
* Pathways to Excellence designated
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – RN’s hired after January 2017 require BSN within 2 years of start date.
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (Labor & Delivery RN experience from an acute care facility strongly preferred)
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months is required
• NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 days is required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills – computerized charting – use EPIC/Care Connect preferred
• Critical thinking skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
• Triage, labor, deliver, circulate, recover and monitor patients are preferred skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff.
The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated United Health Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights:
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
PI130976479 Per email 030421