Part-Time Lead Care Transition Manager RN Weekend Days Texas Health Dallas
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lead Care Transition Manager RN
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Lead Care Transition Manager Registered Nurse to join the Care Management Team.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary: min $39.29 – max $55.53, based on relevant work experience.
• Part Time: 24 hours per week. Saturday and Sunday; 7:00am-7:00pm.
As a Lead Care Transition Manager RN with Texas Health Dallas, this position will be responsible for basic oversight of departmental activities as well as monitoring of work performance of the department and ensuring patients are moved timely and effectively to appropriate levels of care.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Actively participates in Daily Patient Care Briefings and identifies patients appropriate for transition needs intervention.
• Reviews Texas Health Readmission Indicator List (THRIL) scores daily for all assigned patients. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to identify high risk patients whose THRIL score may not have indicated appropriately.
• Ensures all assigned patients have an identified Primary Care Physician (PCP). If PCP not identified, exhaust all efforts in an attempt to assign.
• Completes Transition Evaluation on all identified patients within 24 hours of referral?? documents appropriately.
• Interviews/Assesses patients / caregivers as part of transition evaluation and as needed.
• Identifies transition needs (including medications), develops transition plan within 24 hours of referral, and discusses funding of post-transition care with patients / caregivers documents appropriately.
• Serves as a content expert regarding payor information. Educates interdisciplinary team and patients / caregivers regarding payor requirements and / or barriers.
• Communicates with payors as needed.
• Monitors follow up activities for all appropriate patients post hospitalization and supports patient transition plan adherence.
• Ensures scheduling of follow-up PCP appointment (for patients not served by CNL/ PCF).
• Schedules clinic follow up appointments in cases in which a PCP is unable to be As a
• Serves as a content expert regarding medical necessity criteria, patient status and discharge criteria.
• Proactively identifies patients who no longer meet current level of care / continued stay medical necessity criteria and communicates and documents appropriately.
• Assures staff documentation is completed per guidelines as evidenced by appropriate monitoring techniques and staff are coached as needed.
• Assists CTM manager, director or senior director to implement practice changes successfully.
• Reports pertinent quality/risk issues to appropriate individuals, departments and/or committees in a timely manner.
• Participates on performance improvement teams as appropriate.
• Collaborates with the physician advisor as needed.
• Responsible for compliance with documentation guidelines as well as regulatory requirements
• Complies with all documentation requirements. Documents all activities in electronic health record.
• Proactively identifies and documents potential denials, avoidable days, alternate level of care days, etc.
• Collaborates with Clinical Review staff as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
• 3 years of Staff Nurse experience at an acute care hospital required.
• 1 year of Acute Care hospital discharge experience required.
• Supervisory background experience preferred.
• Some hospital Case Management experience preferred.
• RN – Registered Nurse required upon hire.
• CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation required upon hire.
• ACM – Accredited Case Manager, or CCM – Certified Case Manager or other ANCC preferred upon hire.
• Competency in medical necessity criteria preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel).
• Customer Service skills.
• Ability to engage in complex clinical decision-making.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and communication.
• Strong skills in the preparation of clinically pertinent medical record documentation.
• Critical thinking and analysis skills and conflict resolution skills.
• Position requires flexible scheduling, including weekend and evening shift work as necessary.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Preferred experience with electronic health record and automated case management systems.
• Individual must be self-directed and goal/outcomes/measurement driven.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
At Texas Health Dallas we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966.
A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women’s services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officermagazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kpdjkgqrwpsrq9pt
How to Apply
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kpdjkgqrwpsrq9pt