Full-Time Director of Nurse Education BHCC Boston MA
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director of Nurse Education
Bunker Hill Community College
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
The Director of Nurse Education has the responsibility and authority for the administrative and instructional activities of the Nurse Education program. The Director is responsible to students, faculty, and college administration for the safe and lawful operations of the Nurse Education program. This includes management of the department budget, maintenance and development of the Program and Advisory Board meetings and maintenance of program accreditations. This essential role encompasses collaborating with faculty, support staff, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs and the Interim Dean of Nurse Education and Medical Imaging to ensure continuous program improvement.
The Director of Nurse Education has the designated authority to administer the program with responsibility to:
• Serve as the Nurse Administrator/Administrator of Record in accordance with BORN and ACEN requirements.
• Develop and prepare for submission all reports and accreditation materials required by governing or accrediting agencies.
• Oversee the Nurse Education Department and nursing program matters such as, but not limited to, supervision of faculty and staff, other personnel matters, student concerns, curriculum and resources.
• Develop full implementation of systematic program evaluation.
• Maintain communications with faculty and staff.
• Provide strategic planning and implementation that supports the goals and outcomes of the Nurse Education program.
• Provide management of resources and ensure compliance with all BORN regulations at 244 CMR 6.04(1)-(5).
• Prepare and administer the program budget with faculty input.
• Collaborate with the Nurse Education Department Chair who is responsible for the implementation of the Nurse Education program and/or curriculum.
• Assist the Chair and the faculty to develop and implement student and program policies.
• Orient, mentor and evaluate full and part time faculty in their areas of responsibility according to the MCCC contract.
• Support faculty in using multiple forms of delivery, inclusive of distance technologies.
• Assist faculty with curricular, operational, and professional development needs.
• Assist faculty in continuous quality improvement for teaching effectiveness and obtaining the desired student learning and program outcomes.
• Supervise the development of instructional materials and assist in conducting research on the effectiveness of the instructional program consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the College, and the requirements of external and/or regulatory agencies.
• Monitor the health clearance process for student and faculty in the Nurse Education program.
• Coordinate the master schedule for course offerings.
• Promote a culture of respect, inclusion, and civility.
• Cooperate with the President of the College or the President’s designee in the development, dissemination and implementation of Board of Higher Education/College policy, regulations and procedures.
• Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license in good standing or eligibility for licensure in the State.
• Master’s degree in nursing required; doctorate preferred.
• Minimum of five years full-time nursing experience, or its equivalent, within the last eight years, with at least three years’ experience in nursing education.
• Expertise appropriate to administrative responsibilities.
• Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package
Effective Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To Ensure Consideration All Application Materials Must Be Received By October 3, 2017.
Application Procedures: Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required and preferred Qualifications to: www.BHCC.mass.edu/Employment . Expand position and click on “Apply Now” and follow instructions. Fax Transcripts to (617) 228-3328.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qtyzd9hpd3qq24xt
Category: Administrators; Department: Nurse Education; Location Boston, MA: Posted: Sep 19, ’17
Type: Full-time; Ref No.: NUP
How to Apply
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qtyzd9hpd3qq24xt